USCIS Q1 Quarterly Statistics for I-526/I-829 Petitions
Last week, the USCIS Immigrant Investor Program Office (IPO) published quarterly processing statistics for I-526 and I-829 petitions through Q1 of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017, (October-December). Below are selected data points extracted from the reports:
- Since FY2008 the EB-5 Regional Center Program has generated over $18.4B in Foreign Direct Investment with more than $10B worth of prospective EB-5 capital pending adjudication at USCIS.
- There was a 30% decline in I-526 in Q1 2017 filings in a year-over-year comparison.
- I-526 petitions adjudicated in Q1 2017 reached an all-time high for the Program.
- I-526 approvals increased by 17% from last quarter and 166% in a year-over-year comparison.
- Despite the high volume of I-526 petitions adjudicated in Q1, the amount of I-526 petitions pending grew 12% from the previous quarter to over 23,000.
Total number of I-526 petitions approved versus denied (FY2013 – FY2017, Q1)
- I-829 Adjudications in Q1 continued to decline as has been the case for the past five quarters.
- Adjudications reached a two-year low with an 86% decrease from this time last year.
- I-829 approvals in Q1 declined by 57% from the previous quarter and by 88% in a year-over-year comparison.
- I-829 approval rates declined 12% from last quarter to 85%.
- I-829 pending rose by 12% to over 7,000
Total number of I-829 petitions approved versus denied (FY2013 – FY2017, Q1)