IIUSA Data Report: USCIS Q3 Statistics for I-526/I-829 Petitions
Last week, the USCIS Immigrant Investor Program Office (IPO) published quarterly processing statistics for I-526 and I-829 petitions through Q3 of Fiscal Year (FY) 2017, (June-August). Below are selected data points extracted from the reports:
Total number of I-526 Petitions filed ajusdicated
• Over 4,400 I-526’s were filed in Q3, the highest total so far in FY 2017.
• The number of I-526 petitions approved in Q3 of FY 2017 declined by 15% from the previous quarter, marking the second consecutive decrease after record high approvals in AQ 2017.
• The number of I-526 petitions pending with USCIS were up by 11% from last quarter to over 24,600.
I-526 Petition Processing by Quarter
Total number of I-829 Petitions filed ajusdicated
• The estimated number of I-829 petitions adjudicated in Q3 increased by over 200% from the previous quarter while I-829 filings declined by 8% for the second consecutive quarter.
• The number of I-829 petitions approved by USCIS in Q3 increased by over 200% when compared to last quarter.
• Number of I-829 petitions pending in Q3 went down 1% from the previous quarter to 7,645.
I-829 Petition Processing by Quarter
As of July 31, 2017, USCIS is processing the I-526 petitions that it received before November 22, 2015 (unchanged from the previous month); the I-829 petitions that USCIS received before April 1, 2015 (advanced by 2.5 months); and the I-924 applications that USCIS received before December 28, 2015.
Average Processing Times for Immigrant Investor Program Office as of: July 31, 2017
Key Highlights on Latest EB-5 Processing Time Statistics:
• I-526: processing date unchanged from June. Average I-526 processing time is around 21 months (highest level in EB-5 history)
• I-829: processing date advanced 76 days in one month! Biggest advancement in 2017. Average I-829 processing time is around still 28.5 months, a 30% (or 6 months) increase year-over-year.
• I-924: processing date advanced only 3 days in a month. Average I-924 processing time is around 19.5 months, highest level in EB-5 history
13-month trend of the average waiting times for USCIS to start adjudicating the I-516/I-829 petitions and I-924 applications